1903 Pisco Sour Cocktail Recipe What is a Pisco sour? First off Pisco is a South American Grape Brandy from either Peru or Chile. The Piscos produced in these two countries carry the same name, but they are made from different grapes and use a slightly different process. Both Chile and Peru consider the Pisco Sour as their national drink, and its preparation will vary between the two countries. The version of the Pisco Sour Cocktail that we are making today comes from a 1903 Peruvian cookbook.
|Lime juice||1/2 Ounce|
|Superfine sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg white||1 Small|
|Chuncho peruvian bitters||To Taste|
1. Shake everything but the egg with ice.
2. Double strain back into the tin, and discard the ice.
3. Add the egg white to the tin, and dry shake.
4. Pour into a chilled cocktail glass.
5. Garnish with 3 dashes Chuncho bitters.
6. Serve and Enjoy!