There are cocktails, such as the Ramos Gin Fizz, which include egg white in order to create a foamy head. Several drinks at the famous Pegu Club in New York make use of an egg white, and this is where the dry-shake began to be used as a more efficient way to add this foamy head to their drinks.
|Simple syrup||1 1/4 Ounce|
|Fresh lemon juice||1/2 Ounce|
|Fresh lime juice||1/2 Ounce|
|Orange flower water||1 Dash|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Ounce|
|Soda water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bar glass, combine all the ingredients.
2. Place the spring from your Hawthorne strainerin the bar glass as shown in the video. Shake vigorously to emulsify.
3. Open the bar glass and remove the spring. Add ice and shake once more.
4. Strain into a collins or a champagne flute.
5. Top with soda water and serve.