In this recipe, I make a Prawn Chilly Fry version of the popular Chinese style Prawn Toasts. Minced pulsed Prawn or Shrimp is mixed with spices, onion, chilli, coriander egg white. Its then spread onto toast. Its decorated with a prawn that has been butterflied and then its sprinkled with some sesame seeds. This is then shallow fried in some oil - on both sides. I also have an air fried version for you!
|8||10 slices of Bread|
|400 gms Prawn or Shrimp shelled & deveined|
|Salt to taste|
|1 tbsp fresh cracked Pepper|
|1 tbsp minced each green & red Chillies|
|1 tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste|
|1/4 cup Coriander|
|1/4 cup finely minced red Onion|
|1 tsp Chilli powder|
|1 tsp Cumin powder|
|1/2 tsp Turmeric powder|
|extra large Egg white (2 tbsps or 64 gms)|
|Sesame seeds to sprinkle|
1. Cut the sliced bread in 4 rectangles, 4 triangles or however you wish.
2. For the frying method, lightly toast the bread.
3. Mince half the prawn in a food processor, finely chop a quarter and butterfly the rest - these are approximate measurements.
4. Reserve the butterflied prawns.
5. Add the minced and diced shrimp to a bowl and add all the other ingredients and mix well to incorporate.
6. Spread the mixture over the bread, add a butterflied prawn and press firmly.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
8. Shallow fry, topping side down for a minute or so and flip over and lightly fry on the other side as well and then drain on kitchen towel.
9. For the air fried method, spread the prawn mixture on untested bread.
10. Preheat the air fryer, spray with oil and place the toasts in topping side up.
11. Cook for about 7 - 8 mins, spraying some oil in between.
12. Serve and enjoy!