A Khaman Dhokla recipe is enhanced with Chutney spices, and poured in a creme caramel mold. Its then covered and steamed once cooled, its flipped over. The result is a beautiful round wreath. To decorate, the wreath is drizzled with green chutney sauce and a tadka is poured over before serving.
|1 tbsp Mustard Oil|
|1/2 cup Chutney sauce|
|1 cup Coriander 1 tsp Peppercorns|
|1 tsp Salt|
|Juice of 1/2 Lime|
|1/4 cup Ginger|
|1/4 cup Garlic|
|1/4 cup Green Chilli|
|2||3 tbsps Water|
|2 cups Gram or Chickpea flour (Besan or Chana ka Atta)|
|1/2 cup prepared Chutney|
|1/2 tsp Salt|
|1 tsp Cumin powder|
|1 tsp red Chilli powder|
|2 cups Water|
|2 tbsps Yogurt|
|2 tsps Eno Fruit Salt|
|2 tbsps of Oil|
|1/4 tsp Mustard|
|1/4 tsp Cumin seeds|
|6 round red Chillies|
|1 tbsp slit green Chillies|
|15 Curry leaves|
1. Prepare the caramel mold by brushing it with mustard oil.
2. Prepare the chutney by grinding all the chutney ingredients together.
3. Add the chutney to the gram flour together with the salt, sugar, spices, water and yogurt.
4. Prepare the mold to steam the dhokla.
5. When the water in the pan is ready, add the Eno Fruit Salt to the batter and whisk it and pour it carefully into the mold.
6. Cover and steam for 30 mins.
7. Prepare the tadka by sautéing the tadka ingredients in oil.
8. When the dhokla is cooked and cooled down, flip it over.
9. Drizzle with chutney sauce and spoon the tadka over.