Learn how to make eggless caramel custard at home with The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar.
Caramel custard is a delicious traditional dessert with creamy caramel over silky custard. Enjoy this amazing dessert by making it in quick steps with The Bombay Chef - Varun Inamdar.
|For the pudding
|200 ml cream
|800 ml milk
|5 tbsp sugar
|1 tbsp vanilla essence
|15 gms agar agar powder (vegetarian gelatin)
|For the caramel
|5 tbsp sugar.
- In a saucepan add some milk, cream, sugar, agar agar powder, vanilla essence and whisk it for 30 seconds.
- Cook until it is nicely boiling and bubbling.
- In another pan add sugar and let it caramelized turn of the flame.
- Add a spoonful at the bottom of the bowls.
- Add the pudding mixture into the bowls
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Unmold the Caramel custard by pressing them at the edges and then place a plate over the bowl and flip it.
- And the caramel custard is ready to be served.