Learn how to make delicious dish Kootu Curry at home with chef Smita only on Rajshri Food.
Kootu Curry is a very famous traditional onam sadya recipe. It is very delicious and tasty recipe which originates from South Indian state Kerala. So watch and learn how to make Kootu Curry at home with chef Smita Deo.
|1½ cup black chickpeas soaked overnight and boiled|
|1 cup yam diced|
|1 cup raw banana diced|
|½ tsp turmeric powder|
|1½ cup water|
|1 cup fresh coconut grated|
|5 shallots sliced|
|½” ginger chopped|
|3 green chillies chopped|
|1½ tsp chilli powder|
|4 shallots sliced and fried golden|
|2 dried chillies|
|¼ tsp mustard seeds|
|3 tbsp grated coconut fried|
|Few curry leaves|
|Salt to taste|
|1 tbsp coconut oil.|
- In a pan add yam cubes and let it boil with a cup of water. Cover and cook it for -
minutes and let it cook 3/4th
- Add the raw bananas and pour more water and cover and cook
- In a blender add coconut, green chillies, ginger and shallots, red chilli powder, turmeric and grind it into a course paste also add little water to it.
- Soak the black chickpeas overnight and pressure cooker it before use
- Add the black chickpeas to the yam and banana and mix it well
- Now add the masala give it a good stir and cover it with a lid and let it cook
- Heat a pan and add some oil to it then add coconut and fry it and keep it aside
- Follow the same steps with shallots and keep it aside once the onion are fried.
- In the same pan add oil, mustard leaves and let it crackle.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and add the tempered mixture to yam curry and garnish it with fried coconut and fried onions
- Kootu Curry is ready to be served..