These are the best fries you will every make in your life! You'll never believe how easy these oven-baked fries are to make, not to mention the flavor. They get perfectly crisp in the oven and the seasonings form a delicious crust that you're going to be addicted to you. Try these oven-baked french fries today!
|Grated parmesan cheese
1. In Oven: Spray a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray if you are using a regular cookie sheet. I use an Aire Gourmet baking sheet, and if you like these fries, it is worth the investment of buying one. Because olive oil does not smoke at high temperatures when using this baking sheet, and the fries are a gorgeous golden brown. (I prefer to use parchment paper, which I don't grease, and it makes the removal of the fries a snap to prepare from oven to serving bowl.
2. Soak the cut potatoes in ice water for at least 30 minutes. Don't skip this step as it makes them crisp.
3. Blot cut potatoes on a clean tea towel to remove moisture.
4. Combine all dry ingredients in a plastic bag.
5. Add potatoes tossing and kneading lightly to coat.
6. Drizzle with one tablespoon of olive oil. Tossing and kneading again to coat.
7. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
8. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown. No need to turn potatoes during cooking. Be sure to check them often to see how they are doing. Remove any potatoes into a paper towel-lined bowl that get done early so they don't get overdone. I also like to use parchment paper for easy cleanup! Enjoy!
Cook's Tip: Don't throw out the leftover fries, or wedges! Wrap them in tinfoil and refrigerate. Leftover fries and wedges make great tasting eggs! Here is how I make mine. Chop up the leftover fries or wedges and lightly brown them in a little olive oil, turn them over and grate a little cheese over the hot potatoes. I use about 1 tablespoon sharp cheddar. Push the potatoes to the side of the skillet and add two eggs, scramble them and gently fold into the potatoes, cook a minute and flip them over, cook one minute more and turn out onto a plate. Add salt and pepper if desired. Good eating! Enjoy!