Holi is just a few days away! Learn how to make Puran Poli at home - a traditional Maharashtrian sweet from our chef Archana only on Ruchkar Mejwani.
|Chana dal||1/2 Kilogram|
|All purpose flour||1/2 Kilogram|
|Cardamom powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (use as required)|
To make Puran:
1. In a pan take boiled chana dal. Add sugar and mix well. Keep cooking on the low flame till all the water in the chana dal dries out and you get a thick lump.
2. Once the sugar melts and dal forms a lump, Puran is ready. Switch off the gas and let the puran cool down completely.
3. When the Puran cools down add cardamom powder & mix well.
To Make Dough for Puran Poli:
4. In a large bowl, add maida, oil, salt & water. Mix everything well to make a soft dough.
5. Allow the dough to rest for 30 mins.
6. Make small round ball (bigger than that of the mixture balls) of the dough as well and roll them into a small roti.
7. Place the puran in the centre of the roti and cover it by overturning the roti and roll again carefully.
8. Cook the roti by applying ghee on both the sides and flipping it over the pan only once.
9. Serve the hot Puran Polis with clarified butter (ghee) or milk.