Cheese is smooshed together with butter, hot sauce, pepper and flour to make a simple dough that will yield a tasty and crunchy cracker. This delicious cracker is then topped with cream Cheese, deli Meat, Parsley and a Cheese star for the ultimate canape! Please note that I forgot to poke holes in the cracker before baking, it's ok if you don't but poking holes in the cracker will help it bake faster and more evenly.
|Cheddar||85 Gram ((about 3 oz))|
|Parmesan||28 Gram ((about 1 oz))|
|Tobasco/Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cracked pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1/2 Ounce|
|Ice water||4 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Deli meat||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cheese slices||5 ((Cheese Stars cut from cheese slices|
|Parsley sprigs||15 ((1 per canapé))|
1. Mix the cheddar with the butter with a fork.
2. Add the parmesan, hot sauce and pepper and blend well.
3. Add the flour in additions and mix well.
4. Add the ice water a tbsp at a time, till absorbed and you are able to knead the dough.
5. Cover and chill for 30 mins.
6. Roll out using additional flour if necessary.
7. Cut using shapes.
8. Using the back of a bamboo skewer, make a few holes in the cracker to help it to bake faster.
9. Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
10. Bake for 20 to 30 mins (less or more depending on the size of the cracker).
11. Cool once baked.
12. Pipe a dollop of cream cheese over the top.
13. Add the finely chopped deli meat, some chopped parsley, a cheese star, and another sprig of parsley before serving.
14. Serve and enjoy!