Mocha Cajeta Ice Cream Recipe. Inspired by an Ice Cream that we had on the streets of Mexico city Glen makes a Cajeta Casera Goat Milk Dulce de Leche Recipe from scratch. Then ads the Cajeta Recipe to this amazing Mocha Ice Cream Recipe.
|35 % whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|3.25% milk||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Dry milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Invert sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk chocolate||250 Gram|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coffee liqueur||3 Tablespoon|
|Dulce de leche||To Taste|
|Chocolate chips||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped almonds||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium saucepan whisk together the cream, milk, dry milk powder, corn syrup, and milk chocolate.
2. Bring the mixture to just to a scalding temperature, stirring to mix in the melting chocolate.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yolks and the sugar.
4. Whisking constantly, temper the egg yolks with some of the hot cream.
5. Whisking pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture reaches 170ºF.
6. Remove custard from the heat, and let cool to room temp.
7. Whisk in the coffee liqueur.
8. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
9. Place in your ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers instructions.
10. When half frozen, add in the cajeta, almonds, and chocolate chips.
11. Transfer to a frozen bowl and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours before serving.