This is a great vinegar-based coleslaw recipe to eat with bbq pulled pork and bbq pulled pork sliders.
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250 ml)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250 ml)|
|Vegetable oil||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (150 ml)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Cabbage head||1 Large , finely shredded|
|Bell pepper||1 Medium , finely chopped|
|Sweet onion||1 Medium , finely chopped|
1. Combine vegetables; chopped cabbage, chopped bell pepper, chopped onions, and grated carrots in a large serving bowl.
2. In a small pot over medium heat, combine remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
3. Simmer and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour the hot liquid over vegetables and toss well.
5. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
6. Enough slaw for 8 to 10 servings.
7. Serve and enjoy.