This is a simple homemade ice cream recipe that tastes just like the toasted campfire marshmallows! This silky smooth creamy ice cream uses a few simple ingredients to give you the best-tasting homemade ice cream ever! Add some chocolate chips and graham crackers and you've got s'mores ice cream, just like summer camp.
|35 % whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (500 ml)|
|3.25% milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250 ml)|
|Dry milk powder||2 Tablespoon (30 ml)|
|Invert sugar/Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Mini marshmallows||3 Cup (48 tbs) (750 ml)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (125 ml)|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
1. In a medium saucepan whisk together the cream, milk, dry milk powder, and corn syrup.
2. Bring it just to a simmer, stir, and then remove from the heat.
3. On baking sheet; toast, or blacken the marshmallows… in the oven or with a torch.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yolks and the sugar.
5. Whisking constantly, temper the egg yolks with some of the hot cream.
6. Whisking pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture reaches 170ºF.
7. Remove custard from the heat, and whisk in the vanilla (if using).
8. Cool quickly with a bain marie or ice bath.
9. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
10. Serve and enjoy!