Turn up the heat with this delicious Giant Chicken Burger that is oozing with flavor. This recipe makes great party food and feeds up to 15 people, so be sure to enjoy with friends or family!
|Cooked bacon bits||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated mozzarella||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Panko bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bread flour||500 Gram|
|Grated yellow cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole milk||240 Milliliter|
|Fast action yeast||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, diced jalapenos, bacon, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Transfer to a cling film lined 8” cake tin. Freeze overnight.
2. In a large bowl mix cheddar cheese, jalapenos and flour until coated well, set aside.
3. Mix together milk, yeast, sugar in a large bowl. Let sit until slightly frothy. Add two eggs, oil and stir until combined.
4. Add in all of the flour, cheese and jalapeno mix and salt; mix until combined. Remove from the bowl and knead.
5. Place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with cling film. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
6. Punch down the dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Fold in the corners and sides and shape into a tight ball.
7. Line a large tray with parchment paper and place a 9” ring on top. Add the jalapeno cheddar dough ball and press down lightly to form a disk. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 20 minutes. Brush with egg wash.
8. Bake in a 180ºC oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Heat oil in a large deep pot.
10. Remove the chicken jalapeno disk from the tin. Coat in flour, shaking off any excess then into the whisked eggs, letting excess drip off, followed by a nice coating of the panko breadcrumbs pressing to adhere.
11. Fry until golden brown, let rest on a rack to drain.
12. Cut the bun in half. Spread mayo on the bottom half. Top with lettuce, the patty and a drizzle of bbq sauce then the top bun.