Day of the Dead pizza! This Mexican celebration of the head is close to my heart. Having lost someone so near to my heart, I love the opportunity to celebrate her and invite her soul to celebrate with us even if its just for a day.
|For pizza dough|
|Quick rise yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pre sifted all purpose flour||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
|For toppings per pizza|
|Cherry tomato halves||6|
|Tomato sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Kalamata olives||3 Tablespoon|
|Beef salami||7 , divided (4|
|Provolone cheese slice||5 1/4|
|Basil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Plus extra for more topping)|
|Parsley||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350 for 10-15 mins.
2. Add the sugar and yeast to a bowl and cover with warm water and allow the yeast to froth for about 10 – 15 mins.
3. Add the olive oil, salt, and flour in addition to form a dough.
4. Add the basil at the end and transfer the dough to an oiled bowl and leave in a warm place for 1 -2 hours till doubled in size.
5. Prepare the skulls and tomato roses as shown in the video.
6. Add more flour if needed to knead the dough again and divide it in half.
7. Roll out one half and cover with tomato sauce, Kalamata olives, beef salami, cheese and decorate with mushrooms, tomato roses, cherry tomato halves, beef salami roses, and some fresh basil.
8. Make in a preheated oven at 350 for 10 – 15 mins.
9. Serve And Enjoy!