Get your tastebuds tingling with this Jalapeño Popper Chicken Lasagna!
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Streaky bacon rashers||16|
|Whole milk||700 Milliliter|
|Yellow cheddar cheese||200 Gram|
|Grated mozzarella||150 Gram|
|Cream cheese||350 Gram|
|Sour cream||100 Gram|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Lasagna sheets||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Butterfly your chicken breasts then place in a bowl with your olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
2. Heat a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add your chicken breasts a couple at a time and fry until they are golden and cooked through, a couple of minutes on each side.
3. Remove from the pan and shred with 2 forks. Set aside.
4. Fry up bacon in a pan until crispy and add your jalapeños and garlic.
5. Add your butter to the pan and, when melted, add your flour. Cook out for 2 mins, then gradually add your milk in small increments until the sauce is smooth and milk fully incorporated. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 mins until the sauce thickens.
6. Turn off the heat, then add your cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar and seasoning. Stir to combine.
7. In a large baking dish, put a layer of chicken and sprinkle with bacon and jalapenos. Pour a little sauce over, then top with lasagna sheets. Add more chicken, bacon, jalapeños and sauce, then top with mozzarella and another lasagna sheet. Repeat this process twice more.
8. Top your final lasagna sheet with more creamy sauce, then a little more mozzarella. Place your ciabatta slices on top and brush liberally with garlic butter. Top with more mozzarella, and bake for 20 mins until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
9. Serve immediately!