The best sugar cookie recipe ever! These homemade cream cheese sugar cookies need to be on your holiday baking list. Sweet, tender and buttery, these will be your new go-to Christmas cookie recipe. Santa will definitely put you on the Nice List for these sugar cookies!
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Almond extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, cream cheese, salt, extracts, and egg yolk.
2. Blend well.
3. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, and level off to measure.
4. Stir in flour until blended.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and shape into a disk. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
6. Heat oven to 350. On a lightly floured board, roll out dough, 1/3 at a time, to 1/8 inch thickness. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated).
7. Cut into desired shapes with floured cutters. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Leave cookies plain or sprinkle with sugar crystals at this point. Bake for 7- 10 minutes or until a light golden brown.
8. Immediately remove from sheets and cool on wire racks.
9. Cool completely. Frost and decorate as desired. Enjoy!