Use this tried-and-true royal icing recipe to decorate all your Christmas cookies! This classic royal icing recipe requires only 3 ingredients and is so easy, anyone can make it. Plus, it is super easy for kids of all ages to decorate their holiday cookies.
|Pasteurized egg whites||4|
|Clear extract of choice||1 Teaspoon (like almond, vanilla or lemon)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Gather supplies
2. Sift 4 cups of powdered sugar
3. Separate whites and yolks from 4 eggs
4. Pour egg whites into mixing bowl and add extract
5. Mix on medium for a few minutes until egg whites are frothy
6. On medium speed, mix half the powdered sugar
7. Scrape down edges.
8. Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix
9. Mix on high for approximately 7 minutes.
10. When properly mixed, it should form peaks
11. Cover while not using
12. Use gel tints for coloring