Whether you need cornbread dressing for the holidays or a random Sunday supper, this is the recipe for you. Easy and moist, this traditional cornbread dressing recipe is just how mom used to make it. No-frills but full of flavor, this southern side dish staple is a most for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
|Chopped celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crumbled cornbread||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||32 Ounce|
1. Melt butter in a heavy skillet; add celery and onion. Saute 5 minutes or until onion and celery are tender.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine crumbled cornbread and broth.
3. Season with salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning.
4. Stir in celery and onions.
5. Add eggs and mix well.
6. Pour into a large baking dish.
7. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Remove cover during last 15 minutes of cook time to brown top.
8. Serve and Enjoy!