Everything you love about a traditional runza, but in a quick and easy casserole. Savory meat, cabbage, onion and ooey gooey cheese sandwiched between two buttery and sweet layers of crescent dough. Every bite is full of flavor! The perfect comfort food recipe.
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Finely chopped cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Refrigerated crescent rolls||4|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1 Pound|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread one tube of crescent rolls into the bottom of a 9x13x2 pan and bake 7 minutes or until brown.
3. While that is in the oven, brown the hamburger and onion in a skillet. ***Now is the time to add your choice of a thickener if you would prefer more of a gravy texture***
5. Add the salt and pepper.
6. Spread the hamburger/cabbage mix into the pan on top of the baked crescent dough.
7. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the meat mixture.
8. Spread the 2nd tube of crescent rolls over the top of the cheese.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes, covering with foil the last 10 minutes to soften the crust.
10. Serve and Enjoy!