These super easy sweet potato dumplings are a delicious appetizer or dessert idea. Crescent roll dough wrapped around tender sweet potatoes, all swimming in a buttery and sweet syrup. Yum!
|Crescent rolls||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Sweet potato patty||2 Packet|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||15 Tablespoon (use as required)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon||2 Tablespoon (use as required)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Cut each patty in half.
3. Open and unroll the crescent rolls. Separate the triangles. Place each sweet potato patty on the wide end of each triangle.
4. As you roll up each sweet potato half in the crescent roll, tuck the ends in. They don't have to be perfect, they don't have to be sealed so it's okay if the sweet potatoes aren't completely covered.
5. After you finish rolling them up, place them in a 9x13" glass baking dish with the pointy end of the crescent roll facing down.
6. In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and corn starch. Mix well. Add the butter. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
7. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
8. Pour the sugar mixture over the dumplings.
9. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
10. Bake in the preheated 350° F oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
11. Let sit 15-20 minutes before serving.