I've made Lahmajoun before which is an Arabic pizza made with ground meat. These Manakeesh pizzas are usually made with Cheese or Zaatar - both are delicious and very easy to put together.
|Active yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Mozzarella||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crumbled feta||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nigella seeds||1/2 Teaspoon (Sprinkle of Onion|
|Zaatar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Add the yeast, sugar and water together and allow it to froth for about 10-15 mins.
2. Add the salt, olive oil and the flour and mix well and eventually start to knead.
3. Add the kneaded dough to an oiled bowl and allow this to rise in a warm dark place till double in size - I usually like to leave it for 2 hours.
4. After this remove, knead again and cut the dough in half.
5. Roll out one portion into a circle and add the mozzarella and feta and sprinkle with onion seeds.
6. For the other half roll it out as well and mix the zaatar and olive oil together and spread over the pizza.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 - 15 mins.
8. Serve and enjoy!