These Spring Rolls are super cute and delicious to serve at a party. You can also make a larger version using the same filling. Chicken and Shrimp are used in the filling, but you can make them using just Chicken or Shrimp if you prefer.
|Bean noodles||75 Gram|
|Ground chicken||250 Gram|
|Finely minced shallots||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced red thai chilies with seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Spring roll wrappers||50 (50|
|Slurry||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (corn starch slurry)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Soak the bean noodles in hot water for 5 or more minutes till they soften.
2. Drain the noodles and cut to 2 inch lengths using a scissor.
3. Shell and devein the shrimp and cut into small pieces.
4. Add the drained noodles to a bowl.
5. Add the chicken, shrimp, shallots, garlic, red chilli, sugar, salt, egg, fish sauce and white pepper and mix well.
6. Add the filling to a piping bag and pipe about an inch on the spring roll wrapper, roll, fold the sides in and roll again. Add a little corn starch slurry to moisten the edge to seal.
7. If making ahead, stack in a ziplock bag OR deepfry till crispy and golden brown on the outside and the filling is cooked on the inside.
8. Serve and enjoy!