Perfectly golden brown and crispy fried cod is the perfect summer dinner. Plus the homemade tartar sauce for dipping makes this recipe a winner!
|Finely crush saltine crackers||2 1/3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely minced yellow onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely minced fresh parsley||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (stems removed)|
|Dill pickle relish||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , drained|
|Mayonnaise||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Place flour in a bowl and place crackers in another bowl. (Make sure bowls are big enough so you have enough space to coat fish.)
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, salt, and pepper.
3. Coat fish pieces with flour, shaking off excess.
4. Dip into buttermilk mixture.
5. Then crackers coating evenly and pressing crackers firmly onto fish.
6. Deep fry in oil (350-365) till done and golden brown.
7. For the tartar sauce: In a medium bowl mix onions, parsley, mayonnaise, and relish.
8. Using a rubber spatula, fold together mayonnaise and the onion mixture. Refrigerate to chill before serving. I always make the tartar sauce ahead of time so the flavors can blend.
9. Serve and Enjoy!