This might be the best tasting ham ever! Everyone loves this honey baked ham for the holidays. A homemade honey glaze is beyond delicious and creates a flavorful crust on the ham for a perfect holiday meal.
|Uncooked shank portion ham||12 Pound|
|Dijon mustard||3 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Remove the skin and most of the excess fat. Leave a layer of fat, though, to render while the ham bakes.
2. Score ham in a diamond pattern. This looks nice but also allows the fat to render while cooking.
3. Place scored ham in a roasting pan.
4. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes per pound until the internal temperature is 160.
5. While ham is baking make the glaze. Mix mustard, brown sugar, honey, and cinnamon together.
6. During the last 45 minutes of cooking spread glaze over ham.
7. Let ham rest.
8. Slice into thin slices.
9. Serve and Enjoy!