These old-fashioned candied sweet potatoes are a holiday side dish staple! Mom always made them in her cast iron skillet for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so they came out tender and sweet with crispy edges.
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large (cast iron) skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add sliced potatoes to butter and toss to coat.
3. Mix sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
4. Add to potatoes. Toss to coat.
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour (covered), stirring occasionally until potatoes are fork-tender.
6. Serve and Enjoy!