Milk is thickened with cornstarch and scented with mastic and rose and orange blossom water. Its then set and garnished with nuts and pomegranate seeds before serving. Growing up in the Middle East, in Abu Dhabi to be specific, I had this tasty dessert many times. The gentle use of Mastic and Orange Blossom Rose Water makes this ultra special.
|Whole milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange blossom water||12 Teaspoon|
|Rose water||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garnishes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Crushed Pistachios, Slivers of Almonds and Pistachios, Pomegranate seeds)|
1. Add some of the milk into a pot and dissolve the cornstarch.
2. Add the rest of the milk and cream and turn the heat on.
3. Add the mastic and the orange blossom and rose water.
4. Add the sugar.
5. Cool, stirring frequently for 5-7 mins till the milk thickens.
6. Remove, cool and place in a bowl or small ramekins to set in the fridge for 6 hrs to overnight.
7. When ready to serve, garnish with the crushed pistachios, slivers of almonds and pistachios and pomegranate seeds.