This Sushi is a mason jar is a great idea to eat on the go, portion control and makes a great party appetizer! I've been experimenting a lot with Sushi hack type recipes lately. It started with my son's girlfriends Sushi Bake and my Ice Cube Tray Sushi and in all of the research and experimenting, leftovers were layered in a jar and Mason Jar Sushi was born!
|For sushi rice:|
|Sushi rice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1/2 Tablespoon|
|For other ingredents:|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Unagi sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Soya sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sliced avocado||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Wasabi mayonnaise||4 Teaspoon|
|Sriracha mayonnaise||4 Teaspoon|
|Kewpie mayo||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoning||1/2 Teaspoon (Sushi seasoning)|
1. Brush the mason jars with sesame oil.
2. Add 1 tbsp of cooked rice per jar.
3. Top with unagi and light soya sauce.
4. Add the nori or seaweed strips, avocado and cucumber.
5. Add the shrimp, smoked salmon & immitation crab per 4 jars.
6. Add more soya sauce for flavour and add the wasabi and srirachs mayonnaise and the sriracha per 4 jars as well.
7. Top with some kewpie mayonnaise.
8. Garnish with nori, sushi seasoning and tobiko.
9. Serve and enjoy!