I asked if you would like to guest star on Kravings and one of my long-standing fans and supporters took me up on the offer. Here he makes a delicious Murgh Methi or Fenugreek Chicken using it in it's three states, dried, fresh and seeds. Flavio Cardon lives in Washington DC with his husband Nathan and they both enjoy a good curry.
|Chicken with bones||3 Pound (about 1.3 kg)|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||1 Teaspoon (kasuri methi)|
|Mustard oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped red onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped ginger||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||4 Tablespoon|
|Minced green chilies||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Methi seeds||1 Teaspoon , crush|
|Fresh fenugreek leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Add salt, pepper, dried fenugreekm sour cream & yogurt to the chicken and keep aside.
2. In a saute pan add 2 tbsps each of mustard oil and regular oil.
3. Saute the onion followed by the chopped ginger and garlic, followed by the green chillies.
4. Add the chilli and turmeric powders and the crushed fenugreek seeds.
5. Add the chopped fresh Fenugreek.
6. Add a bit more Oil.
7. Add in the chicken and fold in.
8. Cover and cook for 30 mins, stirring at intervals.
9. Add water if required.
10. Serve and enjoy!