These light buns are made with a leavened dough. One the dough is doubled in size it's divided and stuffed with a delicious ground Chicken Vindaloo filling. Vindaloo or Vindalho traditionally made with Pork is a favorite all over the world. A spicy blend of chillies, garlic, ginger, spices and vinegar makes up this popular blend.
|Active yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pre sifted all purpose flour||3 1/2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Warm milk||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg wash||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black sesame seeds||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Finely diced onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced green chilies||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground chicken||1/2 Kilogram|
|Vindaloo paste||4 Tablespoon|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add the yeast, warm water and sugar to a bowl and allow this to froth for 30 mins.
3. Knead and if the dough is too dry, add a bit more milk.
4. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover with cling film and a towel and allow to rise for 2 hours in a warm place.
5. Knead the dough and divide into 11 - 12 pieces.
6. Cover and allow to proof again for 30 mins.
7. To make the filling, heat some oil and add the diced onion and green chilli.
8. Add salt to taste and the ground chicken.
9. Add the Vindaloo paste and mix well.
10. Add the tomatoes and salt to taste.
11. Cover and allow to cook for 10 mins.
12. After 10 mins add the chilli powder and salt to taste.
13. Add the coriander and allow to completely cool.
14. Remove the divided buns and flatten each one to form a disc and then a cup.
15. Spoon in about 1.5 tbsp of the filling in the centre.
16. Pull the edges together to seal.
17. Bake for 10 mins in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
18. After that remove and brush with egg wash and sesame seeds.
19. Bake for another 30 mins.
20. Serve and enjoy!