This is a special recipe for Mother's Day. It's easy and has a beautiful balance of flavor and color. In this video recipe, I share 3 tips to getting perfectly creamy hummus.
|Canned chickpeas||540 Milliliter (1 can of 540 ml)|
|Olive oil||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Roasted garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Tahini/Tahina||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ice cold water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked beets||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Cooked beets||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted peanuts||1 Tablespoon|
1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and reserve a few for the topping.
2. Remove the skins from the chickpeas.
3. In a food processor add the olive oil, salt, garlic, tahini and lemon juice and process till it’s nice and frothy.
4. Add the Chickpeas and some ice-cold water to help it puree to a smooth paste.
5. Remove about 3/4 of the garlic hummus.
6. Add the beetroot to the 1/4 that’s leftover and blend.
7. Add dollops of the beet hummus and spread out making a well in the middle.
8. Add all the topping ingredients and serve with pita bread.
9. Serve and enjoy!