A simple batter made with flour spices and herbs is carefully poured onto a hot Tava and cooked on both sides with a dollop of ghee or butter.
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (atta)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or more as required)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon (Ajwain)|
|Onion seeds||1 Teaspoon (Kalonji)|
|Diced onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced green chilies||2 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||1 Tablespoon (cut fine with a scissors)|
|Finely chopped coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (optional)|
1. Add the flour to a bowl and add the water a little at a time to make a smooth, thick batter.
2. Add the salt, caraway and onion seeds.
3. Add the onion, green chillies, curry leaves and the coriander.
4. Heat the kadai and add some oil.
5. Add a half cup of the batter, cook on one side and flip.
6. Add a small dollop of butter - this is optional and cook flipping back and forth.
7. Serve and enjoy!