I love the fresh Vietnamese rolls, but the fried ones are equally delish. These are stuffed with a delicious Chicken and Shrimp mixture with bean noodles and then encased in rice paper, tightly rolled and then deep-fried.
|Noodles||75 Gram (bean noodles)|
|Ground chicken||250 Gram|
|Finely minced shallots||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced thai chile||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice paper sheets||18 (22 cms approx)|
1. Soak the bean noodles in hot water for 5 or more minutes till they soften.
2. Drain the noodles and cut them to 2-inch lengths using a scissor.
3. Shell and devein the shrimp and cut into small pieces.
4. Add the drained noodles to a bowl.
5. Add the chicken, shrimp, shallots, garlic, red chilli, sugar, salt, egg, fish sauce and white pepper and mix well.
6. Prepare to roll the rice paper, set a wide bowl with warm water to soak the wrapper, set a teal towel down and have an extra one handy.
7. Also lay down some parchment paper
8. Soak the paper and when supple, remove and lay down on the tea towel.
9. Dry the other side with the spare tea towel.
10. Take a heaped tablespoon of the filling and place it at the top of the wrapper.
11. Roll, massage the filling into a cylindrical shape, fold the sides over and roll to seal.
12. Lay on a kitchen towel.
13. When you remove one sheet from the water put another one in so you keep the process running.
14. Lay all the rolls on the parchment paper and make sure they don’t touch or they will stick together.
15. Allow these rolls to air dry for about 20 mins.
16. Heat oil and add the spring rolls and cook for 5 – 7 mins turning in between and then drain.
17. Alternatively reheat your air fryer and insert the rolls and cook for about 8-10 mins and shake in between.
18. Serve and enjoy!