Shrimp is sauteed with mushrooms and veg and topped with cooked Udon noodles. Thai Basil is then added and a delicious sticky sauce will coat the noodles. Its then topped with fried shallots.
|Oyster sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark soy sauce||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kecap manis||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (this is a sweet sticky soya sauce)|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon (asian)|
|Broccoli florets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Udon noodles||800 Gram|
|Oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallots||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Mix the oyster & soya sauce, Kecap Manis, sesame oil, fresh chopped ginger and chilli powder together and keep aside.
2. Heat water and Blanche the broccoli, followed by the cauliflower and remove.
3. In the same boiling water, immerse the noodles tp loosen it up and drain.
4. Heat the oil, caramelize the shallots and keep aside.
5. In the same wok add the mushrooms and the red chilli.
6. Add the Shrimp.
7. Allow the shrimp to cook till they turn a beautiful orange color.
8. Add in the broccoli and cauliflower.
9. And start adding in the drained udon noodles.
10. Toss to coat and then add in the basil leaves.
11. Add the sauce in and coat all the noodles.
12. Allow the noodles to sit in the hot wok for a bit and mix and then let it sit for a bit again, this allows the noodles at the button to caramelize just a little bit.
13. Top with the crispy fried shallots and serve!