Chicken, Lentil and Butternut Squash Soup Recipe This easy flavourful chicken lentil soup or chicken lentil stew, features Butternut squash, but pumkin would work in this soup recipe too.
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butternut squash||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chicken thighs||4|
|Ras el hanout spice mix||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Lentils||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Flavourful vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, add oil and then onion; cook until translucent.
2. Add chicken; browning on all sides.
3. Add ras el hanout, and tomato paste; cook until tomato paste starts to caramelise.
4. Add butternut squash, red pepper flakes and salt to pan; stirring constantly.
5. Stir in lentils and chicken stock.
6. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 - 20 minutes.
7. Just before serving stir in vinegar and adjust seasoning.