Baked Rigatoni With Sausage Recipe (Pasta al Forno) This baked pasta recipe isn't traditional... It just uses food that you may already have hanging around in your cupboard. We use sausage, ricotta, and rigatoni in this take on a pasta al forno recipe.
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Italian sausage||500 Gram (casing removed)|
|Passata tomato sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Roma tomatoes||26 Ounce|
|Mozzarella||1 Pound (diced or shredded)|
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.In a large pan over medium heat, sauce the onion and garlic in some olive oil until translucent.
3. Stir in the red pepper flakes and oregano, and cook 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in the sausage and break it up as it browns.
5. When the sausage has browned, stir in the passata, tomatoes, and hot pepper.
6. Check for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper to taste.
7. While the sauce cooks, boil the pasta until it is just under half way cooked.
8. Drain the pasta and stir it into the sauce.Stir in the ricotta.Transfer half of this mix to a baking dish, then a layer of the mozzarella and some grated Parmesan.
9. Add the rest of the pasta, and top with another layer of the mozzarella and some grated Parmesan.
10. Place in the oven and bake for 45-60 minutes.
11. Let rest before serving.