Recipe courtesy of: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada.
|Plain flour||500 Gram|
|Baking powder||28 Gram|
|Butter milk||140 Milliliter|
|Sultanas||100 Gram (soaked for 30 minutes in hot water)|
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, butter and sugar together in a bowl, until a crumb is formed.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk together.
4. Add the liquid to the crumb mixture.
5. Continue to mix the dough, until it is smooth.
6. Add the sultanas, and mix until evenly distributed.
7. Remove the dough from the bowl, flatten the dough and cover.
8. Leave to rest for approximately 30 minutes.
9. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2.5 cm and cut to desired shape.
10. Rest the scones for another 20 minutes.
11. Gently egg wash the top of the scones.
12. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
13. Cool before serving with jam and clotted cream.