Ugliest Pie Ever!!! Rhubarb Butter Tart Pie Recipe. Do you call rhubarb Pie Plant? Some people call rhubarb pie plant... so this would be a Pie Plant Pie, mixed with a Canadian Butter Tart Filling. Canadian Butter Tart Filling can be too sweet for an entire pie, so the tart rhubarb makes this a well balanced sweet and sour pie.
|Deep dish pie shell||9 1/2 Inch (blind baked)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter tart filling:|
|Brown sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|35 % whipping cream||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soft butter||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Real vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF)
2. Line docked pie shell with parchment paper then weight down with pie weights or dry beans.
3. Bake shell for 20 minutes then remove weights/ parchment and bake 20 minutes more.
4. Remove from oven and adjust temp to 180ºC (350ºF).
5. While shell is baking, put rhubarb and sugar into a heavy pot over medium high heat.
6. Cook, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb has broken down and thickened.
7. Cream together butter tart filling ingredients.
8. Next, You can either pour in the rhubarb first then the butter tart filling - gives a more solid pie. Or, You can pour in the butter tart mixture first then the rhubarb - gives a looser pie.
9. Bake at 350 F until set, 40 -45 minutes.
10. Let it Cool. Serve & Enjoy!