Bacon Cabbage Salad Recipe Ideas This is a pretty basic cabbage salad recipe that uses mayo and sour cream... but we talk about ways that you can make changes and bring your summer cabbage salad game up a notch or two. Now it would appear - many people call this a Coleslaw recipe, or a Slaw recipe. Yeah, depending on where you live, this can be called cabbage salad, coleslaw or just slaw.
|Shredded cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Green onions||4 , thinly sliced|
|Celery seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt/Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry hot mustard powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Render out the bacon over medium heat and then fry off until crisp.
2. Drain the bacon and reserve for serving.
(Use the bacon grease to make this BBQ sauce: )
3. Toss the cabbage, green onion, and celery seeds together in a bowl.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard powder salt and pepper.
5.Toss to combine the dressing with the cabbage.
6. Cover and refrigerate until serving time, then top with the bacon, alternately add the bacon with the dressing.