Ok - hear us out. This may be an odd ice cream flavour, an unexpected ice cream recipe but it has historical precedent, and it's very popular amongst pro-democracy demonstrators in Hong Kong. It's known as black pepper ice cream, tear gas ice cream, pepper spray ice cream... The flavour is very good, as is fighting for your democratic rights and the greater good of humanity
|35 % whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|3.25% milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||3 Tablespoon|
|Invert sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a medium saucepan whisk together the cream, milk, dry milk powder, corn syrup and pepper.
2. Bring it just to a simmer, stir, and then remove from the heat.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yolks and the sugar.
4. Whisking constantly, temper the egg yolks with some of the hot cream.
5. Whisking pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture reaches 170ºF.
6. Pour custard through a sieve into a bowl, and whisk in the vanilla (if using).
7. Cool quickly with a bain marie or ice bath.
8. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
9. Serve and Enjoy!