Beef is marinated, onions and chillies are sautéed, the beef is then seared and cooked in the instant pot, and while its sliced, potatoes are added to the gravy.
|Sirloin tip||1 1/2|
|Ginger garlic paste||6 Tablespoon|
|Cracked pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||4 Tablespoon (Malt, Red Wine or regular)|
|For other ingredients:|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried red chillies||6|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked potatoes||3 (about 1 cup)|
1. Slice the beef into smaller chunks so it’s easy to marinate and cook.
2. Add the juice of the lines, salt, ginger & garlic, pepper, all the spices and the vinegar and rub all over to coat the meat.
3. Pierce the meat with some cloves and leave aside to marinate preferably overnight.
4. Turn the Instant Pot on saute mode.
5. Heat some oil and add the onions, chillies and a pinch of salt and allow to get golden brown.
6. Remove the onions and add the chunks of meat to the pot and allow the meat to sear.
7. Add the onions and chillies back in and all the remaining marinade
Add salt to taste and the water.
8. Close the Instant Pot and set it to pressure cook for 20 mins.
9. Allow the steam to naturally escape.
10. Remove the meat and allow to cool.
11. Add cooked potato slices into the gravy for a few minutes and remove
Slice the meat and add back into the gravy.
12. Serve with the potatoes.