Potato has been spiralled, mixed together with onion, herbs and spices and then soaked in a chickpea batter and then fried till crispy and delicious. In India, Pakoras, Bhajias or Bhojes are a very popular street snack. It's inexpensive to make, gluten free and so delicious.
|For potato mixture:|
|Potatoes||2 Medium (2 cups yeild)|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced green chilies||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chaat masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Chickpea/Gram flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice flour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or as needed)|
|Oil||1/2 Liter (For deep frying)|
|Tomato ketchup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for serving)|
1. Spiralize the potatoes and trim using a pair of scissors.
2. Prepare the batter by mixing all the batter ingredients together.
3. Add the onions and the rest of the ingredients to the potato, add the batter and mix well.
4. Heat some oil, grab a small portion and deep fry for 3-5 mins till crispy.
5. Serve with ketchup or any other sauce or chutney of your choice.