I love me some Enchiladas. In this simple recipe, a Chipotle sauce is made with canned Chipotle in Adobo sauce. The same sauce is used to flavor ground Beef that is stuffed in a Tortilla and rolled. These are covered with a cheesy sauce aka a Bechamel and Chipotle sauce. This is a great simple recipe to make for a weeknight dinner. You can also make these ahead, freeze and then bake.
|For chipotle sauce:|
|Canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce||186 Milliliter (1 can of 6.55 fl oz)|
|Diced tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Chopped onion||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , divided (in total)|
|Water||186 Milliliter (6.55 fl oz)|
|Diced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground beef||500 Gram|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Diced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chipotle sauce||4 Teaspoon (see the recipe ingredients above)|
|For cheese sauce:|
|Milk||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For other ingredents:|
|Refried beans||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the sauce by blending all the sauce ingredients together.
3. Heat some oil in a pan and add the onions and allow to sweat.
4. Add the ground beef, cumin, salt & pepper.
5. Add the mushrooms and allow to cook.
6. Add the chipotle sauce and mix well, remove and allow to cool.
7. Prepare the cheese sauce in the same pan.
8. Melt the butter and once it’s melted, add the flour and mixed it in.
9. Add the milk in slowly and mix.
10. Add the cheese, allow to melt and mix then add salt.
11. Heat the tortillas, add some of the refried beans, add ground beef, cheese and roll.
12. Lay all the filled tortillas in a baking dish.
13. Cover with the cheese sauce, the rest of the chipotle sauce and cover with shredded cheese.
14. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20 – 30 mins till the cheese is melted.
15. Serve and enjoy!