Welcome Friends! Welcome back to Sunday morning and the Old Cook Book Show. Today we're going back to the Walsh County cookbook and we're going to do a banana bread recipe using bananas that may be period correct?
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon (dissolved in 30 mL hot water)|
|Walnuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3 1/2 Cup (56 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 165ºC (325ºF).
2. Cream together sugar and butter.
3. Cream in eggs one at a time.
4. Mash bananas, and mix into creamed mixture.
5. Mix in soda mixture.
6. Alternate mixing flour and sour milk.
7. Stir in nuts and dates.
8. Transfer to two loaf pans and bake 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
9. Serve and Enjoy!