Looking for an easy bean soup recipe that you can whip up with items from your pantry. This is quarantine cooking.
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon (use as required)|
|Canned beans||540 Milliliter|
|Chicken broth/Vegetable broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Place dry ancho chile in a pot with 3 cups of water.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer until chile is softened.
3. Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, and softened chile in a blender with 1 cup of water from the pot. Pureé.
4. In a heavy soup pot, bring some oil up to medium high temp, and toast the cumin.
5. Pour in the tomato pureé, and bring to a boil; simmer for 15 minutes or so.
6. Add ⅔ of the beans to the blender along with 2 cups of stock, water, or the water from cooking the chile. Pureé.
7. Add pureéd and whole beans to pot along with the oregano.
8. Stir and asses both thickness and seasoning.
9. Adjust with more liquid or salt if needed.
10. Serve and Enjoy!