This is another in our Pandemic Pantry cooking series - you can make this rice pilaf recipe, with any meat, any beans, and any spices. Just follow the basic pilaf recipe method and you'll have a great tasting rice meal idea using the stuff in your cupboard during these trying times of quarantine cuisine.
|Bone in skin on chicken thighs||6|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Dry oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Uncooked long grain rice||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Black beans||1 Can (10 oz) , drained|
|Chicken broth||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
2. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Heat and oil an ovenproof pan; brown chicken on both sides.
4. While chicken browns, dice the onion, celery, and carrot.
5. Transfer browned chicken to a plate.
6. In the same pan; sauté the cumin, celery, carrot, and onion until translucent.
7. Stir in the basmati, oregano, and chili powder.
8. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Stir in the chicken stock and beans; bring to a boil.
10. Return the chicken to the pan, skin side up and then transfer to oven uncovered.
11. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes uncovered or until chicken is cooked through.
12. Serve and Enjoy!