ith so many of us in quarantine, self isolation, or just straight up locked down... we're all looking for what to cook at home during this pandemic that's easy, tasty, and calming. This beef and cabbage soup recipe uses pantry staples and root vegetables that are easy to get.
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Tomato paste||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ground cloves||1 Pinch|
|Dried thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (use as required)|
|Lucky iron fish||1 Tablespoon|
1. In large soup pot, brown beef over medium-high heat, breaking up with back of spoon.
2. Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery; cook, stirring until softened.
3. Stir in tomato paste and cook 1-2 minutes.
4. Add bay leaves, cloves, thyme, marjoram, salt, and pepper.
5. Stir in cabbage, rice, stock, water, and Marmite.
6. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until cabbage is tender, and rice is cooked through about 20 minutes.
7. Discard bay leaves.
8. Serve and enjoy!