This is a quick and easy all in one bowl dump and mix cake. A one step vanilla cake that works really well, in spite of the simplified mixing method.
|Stale bread||125 Gram|
|Sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (about 60 ml)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon (about 30 ml, optional)|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (about 125 ml)|
|35% cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (about 125 ml)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (about 5 ml)|
|Bourbon||1 Tablespoon (whisky / rum / brandy|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
1. Cut up the stale bread into your desired chunk size, place in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, salt, vanilla, syrup, nutmeg, and whisky if using.
3. Stir the bread into the egg mixture to completely coat and allow to soak for an hour or so.
4. Pour the pudding mixture into a buttered 8x8” baking dish.
5. Bake for 40 - 60 minutes - or until custard is set the way you like it.
6. Serve and enjoy!