Churros are a simple blend of flour-butter water sugar and salt, theyre piped into the hot oil and then rolled in a combination of sugar and cinnamon.
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||60 Gram (1/4 cup)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Boil the water and add the butter, salt and sugar.
2. Add the flour in increments and stir vigorously, forming a dough.
3. Allow the dough to cool till it is warm and beat the eggs in one at a time.
4. Prepare the coating by mixing the sugar and cinnamon powder together.
5. Heat the oil to 35- – 370 F and scrape all the batter into an icing bag with a star tip.
6. Pipe right into the hot oil and trim with scissors.
7. Allow the churros to cook till golden brown then remove and drain on a kitchen towel for about 30 seconds, before dredging in the cinnamon sugar.
8. Repeat the process with the rest.
9. Serve and enjoy!