At Christmas time, people slave over a hot stove stirring up batches of goodies like milk cream and marzipan. Years ago I developed a recipe for microwave Marzipan. The results were so astounding that I can whip up a batch of Marzipan in no time.
|Sweetened condenced milk||400 Milliliter|
|Icing sugar||100 Gram (plus extra for dusting)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond meal/Ground cashew nuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Add the condensed milk to a large microwave-safe bowl.
2. Add the icing sugar and mix.
3. Heat on high in the microwave for 3 mins.
4. Remove and add the butter and mix.
5. Heat on high in the microwave for 2 mins.
6. Remove and add the vanilla essence.
7. Heat on high in the microwave for 2 mins.
8. Scrape the mixture down.
9. Set the microwave on high in the microwave for another 2 mins but watch carefully and shut it earlier should you smell any burning.
10. Allow the mixture to cool.
11. On a silicone mat, sprinkle some almond meal and scrape the mixture on top of it.
12. Add more almond meal to the surface.
13. Allow to cool for 30 mins.
14. Using a knife, spread the mixture out, add more almond meal and leave for another 30 mins.
15. This is now almost set, flip it over so the undersides can dry up as well and add more almond meal.
16. Dust the moulds with icing sugar, grab the cooled milk cream, form into balls according to the size of the cavities, and press gently and release.
17. Allow the formed milk cream batch to air dry overnight for best results and then store in an airtight container.
18. Serve and enjoy!