Kheema is well known by many. Ground meat is cooked together in spices and can be eaten with roti or rice. There are hundreds if not thousands of Kheema recipes out there and this one is a Dhaba style. A Dhaba is a roadside shack in India. Typically these are found on the highways and serve delicious and sometimes greasy food to weary travellers.
|Cinnamon stick||2 Inch|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely diced onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground meat/Ground beef||1 Kilogram (Ground lamb or ground mutton)|
|Crushed pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Tumeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||3 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs) (blanched and pureed Tomatoes)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried fenugreek||1 Teaspoon (Kasuri Methi)|
|Cubed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (half cooked cubed Potatoes)|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. Heat the ghee and oil and saute the whole spices and chillies.
2. Add the onion and cook till translucent.
3. Add the ginger and garlic paste and cook for a minute or so to release that raw ginger and garlic flavour.
4. Add the ground meat, salt to taste and pepper.
5. Add all the powdered spices reserving 1 tsp each of chilli powder and Garam Masala for later.
6. Mix this well.
7. Add the blanched and pureed tomatoes.
8. Add the yogurt and fold in.
9. Add the water.
10. Add the dried fenugreek.
11. Add the rest of the powdered spices.
12. Add the half-cooked potatoes, cover and cook for 10 mins.
13. Garnish with chopped coriander
14. Serve and enjoy!